Marquis at Westheimer & Vibrator Talk

Sunday, 8th march, got up early to have breakfast at the hotel and then got down to the lobby at 12noon where Eve, our Immigration Manager got us all gathered at the hotel and assigned keys for our new apartments. Cars were also assigned, 3-4 to a car. Our group were separated to 2 different apartments because they could not find 17 apartments to fit all of us in. Did I say it right? 17? Hell yea! All of us got individual apartments! It got me to think... this apartment must be crappy loh, are we supposed to share toilet... laundry? Nevermind, still tolerable, right?

To my surprise, my apartment...

Behold, The Marquis!








Just outside my apartment, amazing view, no?

1334 is at the 3rd floor, which is the highest level. (without elevators, it's quite a pain)



I feel no words are necessary, hence, only pictures. (some)


Kitchen equipped with microwave, stove, pots and pans, plates, bowls, utensils, oven.

Laundry washer and dryer, and no, these aren't shared.


Closet for shoes

Bath.



Walk-in closet with iron & board, vacuum.


I am very, very pleased with the generosity of the company... Apparently we are the first bath to be able to have our own apartments. Previously the Georisers share apartments. Although I must admit that it is kinda lonely to have this huge apartment all to yourself. It would probably have been nicer to have a 2-bedroom apartment and share it with just another person.
Anyway, our Georise group were separated into 2 different apartments, about 15 minutes drive apart because they weren't able to get enough apartments for all 17 of us. The other apartment was in Briar Forest. So, those sharing a car with me, Uriel, Irwin and Shangar decided to get some groceries that evening with the other group in Westheimer, Hannah, Kasia and Magda.
Before getting groceries, we decided we were too hungry to do any shopping and decided to pay an Italian pizza restaurant a visit...


We ordered 2 huge pizzas.

When I say huge, I mean huge.

This is the Z-special pizza or something like that. Has pepperoni, oyster, olives, green pepper and what not. It was really good! Crust was not thick and not that thin to the crispy point, it was just nice. love!

Then the chicken pizza. We had this to complement Shangar's tastes as he does not have beef.

Told you it's huge.

Bill came up to around $70, including tipping was $80 which was not bad, approximately slightly over $10 per person. Oh, we didn't manage to finish the 2 pizzas. I think there was a leftover of 3 slices or so.
Our rented cars: I got the navy blue one on the left.
Later on went to Costco just opposite the pizza place. Everything is sold in bulk there! I think I only got myself cereal and apples there. We later dropped by Wal-mart and I then got milk, frozen dinners, vegetables, cooking stuff etc.
Monday! Back to the Houston office there. We had our tour around the CGGV building finally.


The computer room, they call it. Lights blinking on and off everywhere like entering a dodgy sci-fi movie.


This is Melanie from Vietnam. She will be working in Singapore. Sweet girl. She reminds me of Wei En.


The background was totally boring, but we didn't care.


Kids playing with huge screens. These are in the lobby where you have this huge touch-screen. You can zoom in on the Google maps. It's cool :)



Our training room for processing: 37" I think? Apple monitors..
Ice-breaking session with me stoves! Hahahahha! Naturally it was for some good reason that the others decided not to go out and have dinner. We will be having a presentation on Thursday, so everyone's being good and going back early to study and prepare and shit like that. So am I.
First stuff I cooked:
Instant brown rice (boiled), and steamed stuffed jalapeno peppers with long beans.

Kinda had the long beans overcooked cos after they were cooked, I turned off the heat and left them still covered so the beans were still cooking, but still tastes good anyways.
Stuffed peppers: Minced pork + pepper.
And the next day I made some special spaghetti LOL.

Ingredients: Minced garlic, chopped onions, minced pork+few slices of green chillis, Prego (mushroom and green pepper) spaghetti sauce, water, handfuls of spinach and linguine paste of course.
Anyway, my presentation went pretty well I think! My title was on Vibrators and I was the 3rd speaker... So at least I didn't have to go throught the torturous wait and accumulated tension. I can at last deserve a good weekend, exploring Houston. After our presentation, which took the whole day (I never felt so tired), we decided to have a drink (at like 5pm? Siao).

Borrowed formal clothes from Wen Ting. Top too tight for me. And obviously I didn't drink anything.

After about 15 minutes there, some of Asian group decided we were too hungry to spend any more time there and we hopped over to an Indian cuisine restaurant... It was so darn cold! 8 degrees outside and I didn't bring my coat along. Supposed to be cold for the next few days too with showers forecasted.


I ordered a Lamb Curry and it comes together with rice and pita bread (?)

The serving was huge! But it was goooooood. I requested for mine to be extra spicy and then I took more chilli and added... Oooooh, it's the best remedy for cold days like these. The other half I tapao back with extra chilli hehehheh. Who knows it may come in handy this weekend. Cold weather expected.
Coming up, NBA game this Sat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Georgian Adventure - Hike to Chalaadi Glacier

Our third, and last hike in Svaneti. There are so many more places to hike and explore around Georgia, it was a hard decision to premature...